This message is officially from Daddy... Mommy is still recovering.
Well, how should we start... I'll go ahead and give the whole story. For one, I want to personally thank Maggie for letting me bowl, although I did lousy. ;) Anyway.. Tuesday I went to work and did my usual thing, submitted a project that was due very quickly to my client. Last night I had to make changes to it, render and work in post today. So, I go in after bowling last night, talk to the client and made the changes.. hit the render button and went home.
On top of that, my wife is always generous in letting me play my video games. I decided to play a little late.. and didn't get off the game until 2am... (my bad). Finally go to bed and this is where the fun started. Woke up around 6 this morning to find Abbie having some pains. We were both concerned and figured it was contractions. Well, I had to go in to work to submit my changes and luckily, I was able to make them before 8am, and got back home. The situation with her hadn't changed much, still in pain. We called the OB and had to wait 30 more minutes before we could speak to a nurse.
We finally got one to call us and we got an appt for 9:20am. The pains were strange.. didn't seem to go away and hard to count between. Anyway, Abbie's parents show up about 9:10am giving us time to run over to the OB. Once we get there, we find out Abbie's blood pressure was high and she had protein in her urine. The Doc was concerned and sent us on over to Peidmont. After about 5 hours, we finally got taken back to the surgery area.
Now, like last time, this is where it got tough on me. I get nervous for Abbie, when getting poked all over the place.. but boy is she a tough cookie. I give her a hard time about colds, but I don't dare touch this one. She handles this kind of stuff way better than what a grown man could handle getting a stomach virus.
The part that gets hard is holding back my emotions when seeing the baby for the first time. You want to hold back, but you know it's ok to cry a little. I apologize for not knowing the exact time of birth and her exact length.. but I think it was 21 1/2 inches and her weight was 8lbs 1oz. I just got so caught up in the moment of seeing her, I have to ask the exact measurements again to make sure I'm right.
As you can see, she is a healthy baby girl.. who has an anxious sister waiting to meet her. I'll never be able to explain the feelings that a dad has when he sees his daughter for the first time, but it's very special. As much as I love it, I think we are done. I would never take away the opportunity from Abbie if she wanted anymore.. but this whole experience is worth it in the end.
Currently Abbie is resting and she'll be back on her blog in no time. I appreciate your prayers for her and may God Bless Maggie just as he did Morgan. We look forward to more experiences with both Morgan and Maggie.
Thanks,
Jamie, Abbie, Morgan and Maggie

No comments:
Post a Comment