Sunday, August 29, 2010

Remembering Nana

Jamie's Grandmother (Nana) passed away this past Thursday.  The picture above is her and Pop pop who had been married 58 years. This picture was from there 55th anniversary party.  They are probably the cutest couple I have ever seen! Nana was a real character, I feel that I was lucky to know her.  She was always full of stories and advice.  She was Jewish and she was always telling me something to do that was Jewish tradition. For instance, when we moved in our house she told me to put pennies in the corners.  I always thought these things were very strange but I never told her I didn't do it.  She also loved her grand babies very much.  I remember when we were about to find out if Morgan was a girl or a boy she made me promise to call her right after I called my Mom.  She just had to be the second person to know.  She would always tell me on the phone to kiss the girls for her, all four cheeks on each, she would say. I would just laugh! We are thankful that we visited her at her house last Saturday.  She seemed okay then, even holding Maggie.  She was planning a trip to Florida.  This is a lady who didn't slow down!  She was 84, and this was news to us, she always said she was 16.  Not many people knew her real age.  We will miss you Nana!

No comments: