I have been thinking a lot this week about what faith really is and if we can have enough to really make a difference in our lives or the lives of others. I know we can pray for our problems and ask for Gods help, but how did the people in the Bible heal others? How did they know Gods will? How did they have no doubt that what they were doing would work? These are some of the many questions I have struggled with. I copied a few verses I found on a web site that explain things. Lets all strive to have more faith and use more faith. It is so powerful!
What is it?
(Heb 11:1) Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.Where does it come from?
(Rom 10:17) Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.Do we have ANY faith?
(Rom. 12:3) For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.If we believe the word of God and have accepted the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and are reading and hearing that word, then we DO HAVE at least the faith of the mustard seed! Yes, even if our measure of faith is tiny, we do have enough! So then, why does the mountain not move!? Because, this scripture is an analogy... a very important analogy. I had been going to church and a student of the bible for over 25 years before I understood this!
What a revelation to realize that 'this mountain' is analogous and symbolic of whatever seemingly huge, immovable problem, (or even some terrible illness), that is blocking our way in life! And, this wonderful scripture tells us exactly what to do! We are to step up and face 'this mountainous problem,' and SAY to it "Get out of my way... and Go jump in the lake!" Using language similar to casting out a demon, and to do this by the power and authority of the name of Jesus.
(Mark 11:23) "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall SAY unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall BELIEVE that those things which he SAITH shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he SAITH.
Mark 11:24: Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, BELIEVE that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."
Have what? You shall have whatever you SAID!
Faith, is not your "religion" or a state of mind. Faith is more than believing IN God and Jesus. Faith is more than belief that God or Jesus can or even will do something! Faith is the BELIEVING, that we ALREADY HAVE, what we SAID, we were asking for! (And the SAYING is just as important as the BELIEVING). Faith is belief that God has ALREADY done something because his word said he would! Because, faith is BELIEVING God, and then ACTING on it. When I learned this, I immediately got better, but still kept having symptoms. I was sure that I was still missing something, so I kept looking until I found the answers.
You see, faith is not just something that you have. It is something that you have to use! (James 2:14-26)

No comments:
Post a Comment